We do not often think of ourselves as a “missionary” church, but we are! Come explore the “5 Marks of Mission” as named by The Episcopal Church and worldwide Anglican Communion, and adopted by the General Convention in 2009:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom (Tell)
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers (Teach)
- To respond to human need by loving service (Go)
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society (Transform)
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth (Renew)
We’ll explore how we are living out this mission at St. George’s and imagine new possibilities as well. Sundays, 10 a.m., Sydnor Hall, throughout the month of January 2016.