We are worshiping in-person. We require masks for all over the age of 2 – vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Worshiping together every week is the heart of our parish life. Each of our Sunday Services has its own special appeal. Come and experience our variety united by our welcoming tradition of the middle way. To see the schedule for the upcoming Sunday, click here.
Sunday Worship – September – May:
- 7:45 am: Quiet and traditional, this spoken Eucharist service begins the day with prayers ancient and modern from our Book of Common Prayer Rite I.
- 9:00 am: A welcoming, multi-generational Eucharist using supplemental worship texts and led by our Jazz Ensemble and choir. Children and youth are encouraged to participate as lectors or acolytes. This service also includes ASL Interpreting. The ASL Interpreting services are provided by a grant for the Episcopal Conference for the Deaf. Additional ASL Interpreting services are available upon request. This service is also livestreamed on YouTube Live. Contact the church office for more information.
- 11:15 am: A Book of Common Prayer Eucharist rich in Anglican tradition, this service is led by the Choir of St. George’s with organ and the Chamber Ensemble. As at 9 am, children and youth are encouraged to participate as leaders.
- 5:30 pm: Candlelight, silence, quiet reflection and prayer, and music from the Celtic tradition are all part of our Celtic Evensong + Communion service.
- 8:00 pm: The Compline choir chants the this service for the end of the day. This service is livestreamed on Facebook Live.
Summer Sunday Worship
Memorial Day through Labor Day, approximately, services are at 7:45 and 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The 10 a.m. service alternates weekly between the 9 a.m. style of service as described above and the 11 a.m. liturgy. Choirs are on break for the summer. The Jazz Ensemble accompanies the service three times during the summer.
While children are welcome at all of our services at St. George’s, please know that the Celtic Evensong + Communion includes low lighting and periods of silence. If you are in need of childcare to attend this service, please make arrangements by calling the church, no later than the preceding Thursday, at 540-373-4133.
In addition to our Sunday services, we offer a Wednesday Noon Eucharist with Healing Prayer.
The Daily office (Morning and Evening Prayer from the Book of Common Prayer) is offered on Zoom and led by a group of lay persons on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8 am and 5:30 pm. All are welcome. Click here to join.
Meeting ID: 890 4918 9545 Passcode: 638538 Dial in: +1 301 715 8592