Worshiping together every week is the heart of our parish life. Each of our Sunday Services has its own special appeal. Prayer for healing is offered. Come and experience our variety united by our welcoming tradition of the middle way.
Please note our Summer Worship Schedule has started. Sunday Services are at 7:45 am, 10 am, and 5:30 pm. Our Regular Worship Schedule resumes September 15.
Our schedule as described below is a typical Sunday between September and May; the schedule varies from this during Summer Service and on select Sundays. The box at right (scroll down if you don’t see a sidebar at right) contains the current schedule.
- 7:45 a.m. Quiet and traditional, this Eucharist service begins the day with prayers ancient and modern from our Book of Common Prayer Rite I.
- 9:00 a.m. A welcoming, multigenerational Eucharist using supplemental worship texts and led by our Jazz Ensemble and choir. Children and youth are encouraged to participate as lectors or acolytes, and the younger ones are welcome to sit on the rugs up front so they can clearly see the altar. This service also includes ASL Interpreting. The ASL Interpreting services are provided by a grant for the Episcopal Conference for the Deaf. Additional ASL Interpreting services are available upon request. Contact the church office for more information.
- 11:15 a.m. A Book of Common Prayer Eucharist rich in Anglican tradition, this service is led by the Choir of St. George’s with organ and the Chamber Ensemble. As at 9 a.m., children and youth are encouraged to participate as leaders, and the rugs up front are offered for the younger ones, too.
- 5:30 p.m. Candlelight, silence, quiet reflection and prayer, and music from the Celtic tradition are all part of our Celtic Evensong + Communion service.
- 8:00 p.m. The Compline choir chants the this service for the end of the day in a darkened nave while the congregation takes time for silent reflection and meditation.
Summer Service Schedule: Memorial Day through Labor Day, approximately, services are at 7:45 and 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The 10 a.m. service alternates weekly between the 9 a.m. style of service as described above and the 11 a.m. liturgy. Choirs are on break for the summer. The Jazz Ensemble accompanies the service three times during the summer.
Children are always welcome in our services. We do request that if you bring in toys, that they be soft, quiet toys. Nursery care is available from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The Nursery is on the first floor of McGuire Hall and is staffed by our professional nursery staff. Diaper changing areas are located in the restrooms through doors at the front of the Nave and in the Nursery. Rocking chairs are also available in the Nursery. Ushers are happy to help you find both. You are welcome to pick up your children to bring them to Communion.
While children are welcome at all of our services at St. George’s, please know that the Celtic Evensong + Communion includes low lighting and periods of silence. If you are in need of childcare to attend this service, please make arrangements by calling the church, no later than the preceding Thursday, at 540-373-4133.
In addition to our Sunday services, we offer the following weekday noon services:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – Daily Office
Wednesday – Holy Eucharist and Laying on of Hands for Healing