“Growing into Christ + Reaching Out in Love”
St. George’s is an historic downtown church whose congregation of 1000+ members live in neighborhoods all over the greater Fredericksburg area. We are a people committed to worshiping God, nurturing Christian community, and proclaiming the Gospel by working for justice and peace in the world. St. George’s is known in the broader community for superb music, broad educational programming for all ages, and outreach ministries to the city and beyond.
Our mission is to cultivate and spread God’s Word in Christ through faith by honoring the dignity and gifts of the individual, providing opportunities for spiritual growth and renewal, and embracing the diversity of community.
1. We embrace diversity – of ideas, styles of worship, and varieties of prayer. As one people, our diversity leads to spiritual growth.
2. We serve and learn from others.
3. We are a welcoming people.
4. We value education – creating a safe place and fertile ground for spiritual growth.
5. We believe in action coming out of our worship and prayer.
6. We honor the gifts and talents of all.
It is impossible to capture the individual character of each parishioner, yet each adds a distinctive flavor to the parish community. And, true to southern hospitality in general, parish members create an inviting environment that is open and welcoming to people of all ages, faith backgrounds and lifestyles. We all share the common bond of worship.
You are welcome at St. George’s Church regardless of race, nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression, or tradition.
Connect with Us
We would love the chance to get to know you better. Please contact us below and let us know what you are looking for and how we can help. If the form isn’t displaying correctly, please click here.