Instructions for “GO Guides”
Thank you for your willingness to serve in this capacity. Your role is vital to the success of our stewardship campaign this year. Below are some instructions and suggestions to assist you in this important work.
- Check to see that your contact information is correct so that it can be correctly listed on the GO passport folder.
- Pray! Before you contact another person, remember that this is a spiritual process.
- Call every household on the path ASAP to let them know that the pledge card folder will be coming and that everything they need to make a pledge to St. George’s is there. Here are some talking points:
- “Hi this is _____ calling. I am another member of St. George’s Episcopal Church. [I live nearby]. The church has asked a group of us to help with this year’s stewardship campaign. I’m calling with a couple of things. It won’t take long.
- George’s is conducting its annual pledge campaign similar to last year where the pledge cards will be hand-delivered from household to household.
- Sometime between October 2 and October 23 another neighbor will be contacting you to arrange delivery of the pledge folder to you. Then after you have filled out your pledge card, you’ll arrange delivery to the next person on the list.
- When you get the folder, the instructions will be clear and easy to follow.
- If you have any trouble, I am the person who will help make sure the folders keep moving. My contact information will be on the folder.
- If you cannot reach the next person on the list after 24 hours, try the next person on the list. We want the packets to keep moving. If you have any problems at all, please call me.
- Can I verify your contact information so that the neighbor before you on the list will have a way to find you? THANK YOU!
- Once you’ve delivered the folder to the next person, you will give me a call or send me an email letting me know. That way I know the folder is moving along.
- Any questions? All these instructions will be included with the folder.
- THANK YOU! Thank people for anything they are able to do
- Be ready to receive a contact by phone or email from each household when they report that the folder has been passed to the next household.
- If people want to be removed from the GO path list, contact Ben asap so that their pledge card can be mailed. If someone does not want to participate, do not try to convince them otherwise. Simply thank them and tell them their card will be mailed.
- Pick up your pathway passport folder on Sunday, October 2, at church and get it on its way. If you can’t be here that day, arrange pick-up ASAP!
- Answer questions if someone on your path calls or asks. See Frequently Asked Questions on the back of this sheet.
- Rescue the folder if a parishioner is unable to pass it on, and take it to the next household.
- Let Cindy Helton or Pam Jewett-Bullock (members of the stewardship commission) know of any problems as soon as possible.
- Return the Passport Folder to the Church Office as soon as completed and before October 23.
The Rev. Joe Hensley, rector
PRINTABLE VERSION (PDF): stewardship-guide-responsibilities-and-faqs