Part-time Facilities Manager, St. George’s Episcopal Church, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Overview: St. George’s Episcopal Church is a large, dynamic, welcoming, innovative and historic congregation in downtown Fredericksburg, VA. Our members live in neighborhoods all over the greater Fredericksburg area. Our mission is to spread God’s word in Christ through faith by honoring the dignity and gifts of the individual, providing opportunities for spiritual growth and renewal, and embracing the diversity of community. In keeping with our welcome statement: “You are welcome at St. George’s regardless of race, nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression or tradition,” we encourage applications from all persons. St. George’s is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please view our website at www.stgeorgesepiscopal.net
Position Description: The facilities manager reports to the business manager and the rector (lead minister) and functions as a groundskeeper and facility caretaker of an historic building (25,000+ square feet) in downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia. The facilities manager is responsible for the day-to-day upkeep, maintenance, and management of the entire church facility with regard to building and grounds. This part-time position is for 20 hours a week; not to exceed 80 hours a month.
Qualifications: Minimum of three years’ related business experience to include managing contractors, supervising volunteers, working knowledge of and experience with carpentry, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. The applicant must be able to work well with volunteers, and possess excellent teamwork and people skills.
- Collaborates with other facilities manager and business manager to ensure that the maintenance and security needs of the facility are met. Manage maintenance projects from start to finish in collaboration with other staff
- Coordinate and supervise contractors (including but not limited to cleaning service, plumbers, and electricians).
- Perform general buildings and grounds upkeep and regularly walk the property to identify cleanliness and maintenance concerns.
- Set up for routine events as needed and for special events such as weddings and funerals
- Assist with audio-visual projects as needed, such as occasionally recording events
- Secure the premises 3 or 4 evenings per week (1/2 hour process)
- Attend meetings (e.g. staff and Building and Grounds Commission) as required
- Provide clean up and trash removal when needed (if cleaning service not available).
Submit resume and letter of interest to:
The Rev. Joe Hensley, Rector
St. George’s Episcopal Church
Or by postal mail to:
905 Princess Anne Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401