- Ash Wednesday Eucharist services with imposition of ashes, March 1, noon and 7 p.m.
- Ash Wednesday children’s service, March 1, 10 a.m.
- Micah Ecumenical Ministries Partner Churches Wednesday noon Eucharist and Luncheon: Schedule here (note March 15 service at St. George’s)
- Sunday Eucharist at 7:45, 9 and 11:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Service descriptions here.
- Noonday prayer on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays when the church is open.
- Lectio Divina, Monday nights, 7 p.m. Faulkner Hall. Come share this special time with a small group using the ancient, contemplative practice of Lectio Divina, or “Divine Reading.” Through reading scripture, listening to each other’s reflections, prayer and meditation, we will give the scripture new life and meaning and let God speak directly to our hearts. Facilitated by Barbara Atkins. RSVP to the church office at 540-373-4133 helpful but not required. You need bring nothing but yourself and an open heart.
Lenten Weekend 2017
- “Being Passionately Christian and Becoming Compassionately Interfaith” Featuring the Rev. Dr. Sathi Clarke, March 4-5: More information here
Adult Christian Education
- Our Lenten Sunday programs will start on March 12. In Sydnor, we’ll have “Expanding the Spiritual Imagination: The Sermon on the Mount” with our rector. In Faulkner, we’ll explore Parker Palmer’s “Five Habits of the Heart.” More information to come: Stay tuned!
- Lenten Carbon Fast: The Environmental Stewardship group encourages St. Georgians to sign up for daily emails with tips on reducing your carbon footprint during Lent. Sign up at www.macucc.org/carbonfast or text CARBONFAST to 22828.
- March Movie – Rappahannock: March 16 at 6:30 p.m. Celebrate the beauty of our historic river with this Bayley Silleck-directed documentary. Brought to you by Friends of the Rappahannock.
- Water Justice Conference: March 22-24. This conference, offered in partnership with Trinity Institute in New York, will focus on the need for water justice initiatives in areas of access, droughts, pollution, rising tides, and flooding. Attend all or any part of this conference, available streaming in Faulkner Hall. For more information, contact Father Bob in the office. For full schedule and to register, visit Water Justice
- Chamber Series Concert: Peter Griggs March 19, 3 p.m. $10 admission, students and children free
- Organ Concert: Gail Archer March 26, 3 p.m., by donation. Funds raised will benefit the St. George’s Organ Fund.