Hot Dogs for Haiti is our annual fundraising event held in conjunction with the Fredericksburg Christmas Parade. This year, the parade will be held on Dec. 2, so our youth group will be ready with refreshments for all ages and tastes in Faulkner Hall.
Currently, we are gathering donations of cash and goods. Here is the information from our youth group leader, Lance Roeske:
This is a major undertaking and cannot be done without the congregation’s help. We have done this now for five years, raising nearly $10,000. Every dollar goes to support Notre Dame School, our sister church in Porte Prince. Specifically, the money pays teachers and nurses at Notre Dame School, travel costs for our Haiti Team and supplies. Without this school, these kids would in all likelihood turn to a life of crime to support themselves or simply live in complete poverty. Our Haiti Team has completed over a dozen trips to Notre Dame and the result has been a friendship and partnership which spans across the hemisphere to every congregation member at St. Georges’ because they know that every member of our church worked to provide the support taken by our small Haiti Team each and every visit. Our Haiti Team is merely an extension of each of us. This is where the congregation comes into the picture each year…
When and Where to bring items
- All non perishable items can be brought in as soon as convenient for you and deposited to the youth floor and placed on top of the air hockey table or Gay’s office and we will take it from there.
- All perishable items can be brought to the youth kitchen on Thursday, Nov 30, Friday Dec 1st and at latest the morning of Dec 2nd no later than 10am. Please mark everything well as Hot Dogs for Haiti. If you are out of town these days, I can arrange to pick it up at your house and freeze/store it here at my house. Just let me know.
Would you be so kind as to offer a donation from the below list?
Items Still Needed
- Pizza Donation – Dominos Delivery – This is a cash donation, unless someone wants to donate 20 pizzas
- Large tray of baked goods (packaged ready to sell for $1 each) – No peanuts please
- Large bags of hot dog buns
- Large case of water
- Large box of nacho chips
- Nacho cheese
- Cotton Candy mix
- 12 oz cups with lids
- Hot Dog Trays
- Popcorn for Popcorn Machine
Assistance Sill Needed: Working the parade is always a ton of fun and also gets your family front row seats for the parade.
- Partner to help set-up night before and the next morning – This is desperately needed
- Set-up and lunch sales: 11am to 1pm – If you have the day free and would like to assist for lunch sales
- Parade Sales: 2pm to End of Parade (roughly 7pm)
Would you be willing to work a station?
Stations Still Available (All stands require an adult to handle exchange of money, but youth may pass food/drink to customers)
- Chili Dog Station
- Baked Goods
- Hot Cocoa/Water Stand
- Runner (runs to aide station agents. Generally a youth – Very Important)
- Security (Those who simply observe for trouble)